Thursday, March 15, 2007

The First Step

Tomorrow, is the day we meet Dr. Bowen our OB/GYN who will be performing my physical, and yucckkkkyyyy pap smear. Afterwards we will map out our plan of conception.

I am excited and scared at that same time. I have anxiety about the doctor. I'm wondering how she will respond to Dess and me. We were referred to her by another doctor, who claims she is a great doctor, and a remarkable person. I guess we will see tomorrow. I am prepared to leave her office, the minute I feel uncomfortable by her. This journey is going to be trying in it's self, so we don't need to add negative people to it.

Our appointment is scheduled for 12:00 pm tomorrow, in which I have taken the day off from work. I am going to use my free time to read my new book, (The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth). I have been told this is the lesbian bible to conceiving, in which was delivered to our home today. I can't wait to get home...

2 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Welcome to blogland!

I was re-reading some of my posts today and just found where you had visited. Thanks for the comment. Looks like we're starting on this ride together.

This blog family thing is GREAT! The women on here so willing to help and give advice. Don't hesitate to ask if you've got a question. I'm just as new at this as you...but I'll try to help anyway I can. You can find my email on my profile if you need it.

Good luck to both of us!

Michelle said...

Hello,

My partner and I have children (10 and 11 yr old boys) from previous relationships but after more than 8 years together we have decided on trying for a new addition.

We have probably bought every single book on lesbian conception we could find, including the one you mentioned, which we got a few days ago as well. We are just planning and researching at this time but if all goes well we will get around to the nitty gritty of it next summer.

We too have picked a name, while we hope for a girl, our name is unisex just in case. My first appointment with an ob/gyn is 6/19 and I am excited, frightened, impatient etc.. So, in short, good luck and lots of positive baby energy, we are right by your side.

Michelle & Dawn